Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Staying Organizing

ParentHacksBlog posted helpful ways to stay organized with your "to do" list. This article can be found at the following link (TO-DO LIST). Read the post when you have time because I found it extremely helpful. Now, I will simply elaborate on this concept of staying organized and throw in some helpful tips that have helped me along the way. The article mentions using different colored notepads depending on which area of your "to-do" list you are working on. As an example, they said to use one color (say, yellow) for work to-do's, use a different color (say, green) for errand to-do's, and using another different color (say, pink) for home to-do's. That way, your to-do's are organized in categories. Having different categories is extremely helpful in avoiding an overload of information. Sometimes, it gets confusing to keep everything straight. The most helpful way I have found to keep me organized is to use different color highlighters (or pens) for different categories. Its the same concept as using different color notepads, but everything is kept in one place (my notebook!). That way, when I open up my notebook to see what my son has going on/needs for the week, I simply look at everything highlighted in yellow highlighter. If I need to see what I have going on/need for my schooling, I simply look at everything highlighted in blue. If I need to see what meetings/appointments I have, I simply look at everything highlighted in pink. And the list goes on. Once you get in the habit of using color coordinated organization tools, it becomes easier and easier to stay organized!

No comments:

Post a Comment