Wednesday, July 3, 2013
Getting your child all the help they can get!
As parents, we want our children to be successful in life. How we define "successful" may be different for everyone, but the same general ideas probably overlap between those definitions. I want my son to be able to access all the tools he needs to succeed in whatever he chooses to pursue. My job as his mother is to give him opportunities to succeed. Sometimes, they need a little help along the way. When my son was only a few months old, we were told that he needed Physical Therapy. I still remember sitting in that room with the lady that did his evaluation, so angry that she was saying that MY SON needed help. I was angry, and worried, and scared. What did this mean for my son? After just two weeks with his physical therapist, I realized that this was our saving grace. My son is 4 now, and has over the years taken part in physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, and feeding therapy- all of which have had a drastic affect on my sons every day life. I can't express enough our gratitude to all of the people who have helped my son along his journey in life, and how thankful we are for each and every person that has touched me and my sons heart. My son now has the tools he needs to succeed in life! SO my advice for you today, is to embrace every opportunity you have to better your child's life. Whether it's some sort of therapy, or tutoring in school, or any academic challenge, or anything!- Help you child succeed in whatever ways you can! Trust me, you will be glad you did!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment